Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Teacher becomes The Student!

Guess what everyone, I am a student again! A Grad student that is :)
I applied and was accepted at my alumni USC for the Masters of Arts in Teaching program. The University is doing a completely online program to allow teachers across the globe to earn a degree from USC while staying in their jobs and hometowns. This is a wonderful opportunity for me because there are no teaching opportunities in Los Angeles at this time and I LOVE LOVE the position I am in right now! They even let me use my own students as my fieldwork and case studies which is a double opportunity. Why am I doing this? Well, originally I began my masters program waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2002 and moved to Houston essentially starting over to get my certification in Texas to teach. I have always wanted my advanced degrees and it has been nagging me in the back of my mind ever since. Now that the children dont need me at home, I have been again tossing the idea around of going back to school. The timing and the school were too perfect to pass up. I love USC and I love the deep heritage and alumni network that goes with it. My ultimate goal would be to become a professor there, unless I get accepted to Harvard. And really, who would pass that opportunity up? But I digress....
This is a huge step for me with 3 small children and a husband that travels so much. In fact, my wonderful husband just accepted a better position and better pay with Accenture. They are so excited to have him the managers were fighting over him and sent 30+ emails before he even received his computer!! I am so proud of him and the huge opportunities he is getting by joining such a prestigious firm. He is Houston based finally and we are hoping most of his projects are going to be located closer to home. He is already being trained in new technology and being sent off next week to St. Louis. It is truly amazing how much he has grown in his skillset and yet he is still a wonderful husband and father to all of us girls here at home. God has truly sent his blessings to us in 2011.
This month my teeny tiny babies will turn 4. That means they are truly NOT BABIES anymore. They are probably not even toddlers anymore. They will begin pre-kindergarten this year and it has made me feel so old! It doesnt help that my two OLDER cousins just had babies too (they are adorable by the way and Im sure Mimi is smiling down from the heavens at her "precious boys"). Brooke and Braelynn are having their birthday at the little gym; it will be really cute and many pics will follow....
Kaitlyn is chugging along and busy doing daisies and ballet. She has a big performance this May and we would love to have anyone attend her recital that happens to be in the Houston area. She is really blossoming into a beautiful ballerina. She also is really becoming a science nut, I have her grandfather Pops to blame for those genes. He got her a constellation finder for Christmas and she is obsessed. She also is constantly finding things to examine under her microscope. Its wonderful to see her so excited about a subject that is so hands-on. The possibilities are endless!
That is the gist of our life in this snapshot. Another crazy time with lots to do and little time to do it in!!!!

1 comment:

Pamelia said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new update. I am soo happy and excited for you!