Dear Mystique,
You have been my best furry friend for 14 years. I got you when you were just a little pipsqueak of 6 weeks. We chose you at SPCA because you were so frisky and ran up Daddy's arm and sat on his head. We knew then that you were weird enough for us to adopt. From that moment we had many ups and downs. We moved constantly and had children and a dog to your contempt. You were better at the dog at fetch by miles and I have the pictures to prove it. You came immediately when we made kissing noises and would sniff anything put in front of your nose, even when its put there again 4 seconds later.
You also were a perfect bed companion. You would politely paw at me when I would invade your space and always took the same spot at my knees or my head. I wouldnt have it any other way. If you woke me you would simply purr until I fell back asleep.
You were also extremely photogenic. I have over 100 pictures of you and every one is so beautiful. Some are hilarious, like when you brought a whole toilet roll back playing fetch. Some are sweet, like when you posed smelling a rose. And every picture depicts your wonderful life from kitten to old lady.
You were there for me when I was living alone and you were there for me when we had a house full of children and pets. Towards the end you became a bit of a crotchety old lady, but we still were super sweet and respectful of your space. When Daniel moved home you still let him spin you like a helicopter even though you were almost 14. You took everything in stride and were always happy and sweet.
Im still trying to figure out how it is scientifically possible for a rabbit and cat to mate because your fur is way too soft to be from a cat. Ha Ha. You are by far the softest cat ever to exist in the history of cats.
You also were the biggest fuzzy ball of fur until you got sick. I think at your fattest you were around 15 pounds....almost 10 pounds more than you weigh right now. You have stolen food off the table or counter your whole life and it was hard to hide with all that extra fluff. Remember when Dan and I chased you all over the Moorpark house for the head of broccoli you took? You were sweet as often as you were mischeivious.
As we spend this last weekend together, I think about all the wonderful times we have had and all the snuggles we have shared these last 14 years. I was still a teenager when I got you and now Im all grown up. I cant imagine life without you and never thought I would feel this awful that you wont be here with me. I am heartbroken that it is time for you to move on, and I dont know what to do without you or how to say goodbye. This blog will be my ode to you, my sweet fuzzy buddy.
I know that no animal will ever take your place, and I know that you will always be the best pet I have ever owned. I love you so much kitty. Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge, I will think of you every day. So long my best fuzzy friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment