Monday, January 30, 2012

Kittens

Well, Im sure the bets were on about me adopting new cats. I am a TOTAL cat person and my life seemed to end with the loss of my beautiful sweet Mystique. I was not prepared for the sadness that consumed me with her loss. Though it is not a replacement by any means, hearing the meows and seeing two kitties run through the house shaking their tail and pouncing on toys was well missed. I thought a lot about Mysti as we were looking at kittens to bring home. I think she helped me find "Kona" because they have the same mischievious spirit. I went to CAPS to look at a cat named Sherlock [he was overly shy and dedicated to his "sponsor" that didnt want to keep him] and Kona adopted me. She is all love and kisses and petite little meows.
Molokai was really friendly at the adoption place and super shy and withdrawn when we came home. He may be battling a cold. We took a long time coming up with a name for him. He is really really sweet. He is all snuggles and tiny meows and only 5 mo old. He has taken to Matt's office, and we had to buy a 2nd litter box and food and water because he is so scared of everything. Just like Molokai he is a shy sweet island that keeps to himself.
The kids were beside themselves that we went to look at kitties. They had tons of opinions about which they liked and didnt like. Kaitlyn has been really sweet about becoming an adoptive mommy to the kitties. Molokai slept in her room the first night and probably will tonight too. Kona wont leave my side and entertained Matt and I all evening.

I have forgotten so many things about owning a cat. Even though these two are 5 and 6 months old, they are still very busy little friends. They are so sweet and wonderful additions to this house. It is exactly what we were missing since Mystique passed away. I just hope they are half the cats that she was.

No comments: