Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September

Well its official....all my kiddos are in school! I knew this time would come and I have always known it would be hard. I am happy for them because I know they love school and making friends, but Im sad because my babies are growing up. This was the big step where they became true official kids and not my babies anymore. Braelynn had the hardest time because she wasnt too sure about going to school in the first place. She wanted to stay with me. Kaitlyn is nervous about the big STAAR test this year, but still likes school and has a lot of friends. Brooke has been 100% ready since she turned 5. Im pretty sure she had a countdown going from that day forward.
The twins are in class together this year and will most likely be seperated next year. Kaitlyn is in a "switch" class for the first time this year. I try to spend as much time as possible up at the school involved in the PTA and volunteering in the classroom. Since graduating I have some time on my hands after all. When Im not helping with the kids Im trying to organize and fix up the house. There are so many little projects to start and things to organize!
Im sure in time I wont be so sad to see the kids grow up. I will learn to value and enjoy my alone time. For now I have premature empty nest syndrome :P

No comments: