Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Mimi!




Less than a year ago I lost a wonderful woman. My Mimi was a strong, independent, fiesty personality that lived well before her time. She was a polarizing figure and held her place as the grand matriarch of our family. Her death has created a vacuum in our family. I never realized, until she was gone, how much her presence was felt and needed in our family. It has not been the same without her and she is missed every day.


Today on what would have been her 86th birthday I went to visit her grave and tell her how much I love and miss her. I placed beautiful purple roses, lillies and hydrangeas in her vase to compliment how she was in life; a vibrant, bright, and royal bouquet. As I sat and talked to her a cool breeze blew through on a hot humid morning.... and I smiled. I feel she is so close today.


I hope she looks down on us and smiles from heaven. I know all of us are constantly looking to the skies for her.




I love you Mimi, happy birthday.

No comments: