I made myself a promise that I would do what I could to help Brooke this year to live a NORMAL life and be as comfortable as possible with her food allergies. I have learned a lot and continue to learn more and volunteer as much as I can for two organizations: KFA (Kids with Food Allergies, and FAAN (The Food Allergy & Anaphalactic Network) We have two big events coming up one I am volunteering and sharing my time with and one where we are raising money for the cause and cure. Here is the webpage I created for the Walk For a Cure with FAAN:
http://www.foodallergywalk.org/site/TR/2010Walk/2010Walks?px=1817865&pg=personal&fr_id=1420
We are walking and raising money for Team Brooke Taylor. The walk is on September 11, but our goal is to raise $250 by July 30 so that her name will be on the "walk for a cure" shirts that everyone participating will be wearing. I have donated all my life to many causes, but this is the first time that I have spent this much time and energy on one cause. I hope it is successful!
Thank you for everyone that donates, loves and supports us, and recognizes what a special little girl my Brookie Bear is!!
~Melissa
No comments:
Post a Comment